When you get to this juncture, you have possibly gotten an admission into a school abroad, paid tuition (full or initial deposits) and completed other requirements such as CAS (For UK students)
Now it is time for you to be assessed and qualified for entry into the country.
First of, you should have all the required documents to schedule an interview
Documents required – Student Visa, Canada
- Valid Passport.
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution.
- Proof of Funds.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Credit Card.
Documents required – Student Visa, UK
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation.
- Qualifications stated on your CAS.
- English language evidence.
- Proof of finances.
- Your tuberculosis test results
Documents required – Student Visa, USA
- A valid passport.
- The Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160.
- The application fee payment receipt.
- A passport photo.
- A Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F1) Student Status (Form 1-20)
The above are only a few documents to have in your possession in order to qualify for an interview.
After you must have scheduled your interview and passed the wait period, the following are a few things to note:
- Make a Good First Impression.
- Communicate Clearly.
- Speak English.
- Be Prepared.
- Know Your School and Program.
- Prove Your Intent to Return Home.
- Keep Your Answers Precise and Concise.
- Stay Positive
- Be honest